Sunday, April 27, 2008

23 Weeks (aka I Suck at Updating this Thing)

And the title says it all.
So I'm going to try and do a Reader's Digest update on what's been going on lately.
I guess first things first... We had the ultrasound done at 19 weeks, 3 days and IT'S A GIRL!!! How exciting is that!!!?? So of course here are pictures:




OK, so they're not much to look at but seriously - the u/s was tres cool!! Unfortunately, I only got to see about 5 minutes of the show while John got to see the whole thing - a good 20 minutes or so. The tech was really nice and she showed us all the major organs and body parts afterwards. And our daughter (how cool is that!!) was really kicking up a storm in there that day. The tech actually hard a hard time "pinning" her down to get the last few measurements of her heart.

So I went to the midwife the week after and the babe is measuring completely normal which is fantastic so I'm completely happy!

My biggest concern right now is how quickly I'm gaining weight. Everyone says I look fantastic and I don't think I look half bad most of the time but I did gain 9lb in one month. At my last MW's appointment I weighed in at 168lb... this week I'm already at 175 and I have 1.5 wk until my next appointment. I really really hope I don't gain another 9 lb in between appointments. I do know where all this weight is going though - my poor boobies. :( I swear they just keep on growing. Grrr. Which would be fine but they're already big enough and I really don't want them to get any bigger.

Other than that, the nursery is coming along nicely. John's painted the walls and now it's a matter of putting in the baseboard and trim. Here are some up to date shots - I don't think you can truly make out the contrast in colour yet though.



I can't wait till everything is done! Not much longer now I think!!

No comments: