Monday, March 24, 2008

18 weeks 1 day

It's the Easter long weekend and once again I have neglected my blog. I am so bad at this sometimes. Oh well... LOL

I've been off since Friday thanks to the long weekend and I have Tuesday off as well. I've accumulated some overtime so I figured it would be nice to burn some of it off and get a five-day weekend. Very exciting!

We finished laying the flooring in the nursery on Friday. I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will shortly and post them. The floor looks amazing, almost professional!! Now I can't wait to see what the room will look like once we pick a colour for the walls, paint and put the baseboard and door trim up.

We went to John's dad's for lunch today. More storybooks for the babe and some stuff for us. But the most exciting thing of all... he bought a cat clock for the nursery just like this one:

I love it!! I think it's the neatest thing and I've always wanted a cat clock!
So on the preggo front, oh my. My boobs have grown two sizes and I'm now in a 38D as opposed to a 36B. So is that two sizes or four??? Yikes. I'm definitely not comfortable, especially by the end of the day. I only bought three new bras in the fear that the "girls" will grow another size before I'm done so I really didn't want to spend all that money. I am hoping that they don't grow anymore though. Seriously.
I still haven't felt any "true" movement... like no kicking or anything. But I swear I'm feeling flutters and a little bit of what could be tapping. I have no idea. I really want the babe to start giving off some good kicks. I can't wait till they're strong enough so that John feels them too. I'm sure I won't be saying this once the babe is active and keeping me up constantly. LOL
Other than that, I'm feeling great. I'm really enjoying being pregnant now. Any kind of nausea is gone and there are days when I actually "forget" that I'm pregnant for a bit. Is that wrong? I don't think so. LOL... I just can't believe that I'm almost halfway done! We go for my 20 wk ultrasound on April 2, so as long as the baby cooperates we will know then if it's a boy or a girl... John's waiting till then to seriously consider paint colour for the room. Either way there will be no pink. I think we're just deciding on a light blue or another colour... a light green or yellow. Maybe a light purple - that's what I would like but John's deadset against it right now.
And on the exciting work front, the old biddy who's been driving me nuts with her incompetency has gone off for at least two months! I already feel less stressed even though this means dividing her caseload between two of us and increasing our work load temporarily. Oh well. It's all good.
Anyways, I'm going to take some more belly pictures and some more pictures of the nursery and post them later this weekend!

No comments: