Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day!!

Today was a snow day for me!! Yay yay yay!! I was actually going to drive into work but John convinced me not to... and as the day progressed and as I watched the news, I was quite happy to have stayed at home.

So I really didn't do too much today - did some dishes and there's some laundry that's done, but that was mostly John, not my doing. I just vegged out. I picked up Shopaholic and Baby yesterday at Shoppers (25% off!!) and I'm already done reading it! It was really good - just as funny as her other books. I think I might've found it even better just because I'm preggers right now too... you know, that whole empathy thing. :)

So I have to vent... I'm finally to the point where I'm done being nice and accepting random pregnancy advice from people - especially from people WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN PREGNANT. Like seriously, WTF? Do you think that I am not so freakin' paranoid about losing this little bean that I haven't already read everthing I could get my hands on regarding what to do and what not to do, what to eat and what not to eat, studies, literature, etc etc etc. It's so bloody irritating - almost everyday I open up my email and there is at least one email offering me advice... usually starting with "just thought you might like to know...." and then more useless information. Or the flipside of this is being "baited" with the question "how are you feeling?" and then being TOLD what I should be doing to make myself feel better. F&*K off. Seriously. You've never been pregnant and you DON'T know how I feel. Stop telling me to drink this, eat that, walk a certain way, do a certain exercise, not do something, not wear something but wear something else... UGH. I have my good friends that HAVE been through one or more pregnancies that can relate to what I'm experiencing and offer suggestions WHEN I ASK... This is what I want and need. I don't need people telling me what to do when they haven't experienced this themselves. Seriously, it's just irritating me all to hell.

So maybe that's the pregnancy hormones talking but maybe not...

Anyways... I'm going to my brother's tomorrow to see him and his family (I have a five year old niece - 6 in March). It should be a good afternoon.

Symptomwise - I'm doing OK I think. I usually wake up early in the morning having to pee really badly but the morning sickness is gone... unfortunately it's been replaced by a lingering nausea that pops up whenever I'm hungry and becomes quite strong by dinner time making almost everything unappetizing. Fantastic eh? I really hope my normal appetite comes back soon but I know there's a chance that it won't. Oh well.

What else - oh a good friend of mine is finally on Facebook. She's about 2-3 weeks behind me in her pregnancy so it's nice to have someone to chat with and now we can do this more regularly since she's joined crackbook... So that makes me happy! :)

No comments: