Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Sunday... another weekend gone

I can't believe it's already Sunday evening again. Where in the world does the weekend go? I'm looking forward to this week though - I have Friday off and I might be going to Toronto for training on Thursday, so I'll only have three days in the office. Can't complain about that. My supervisor has been on vacation for 2 weeks so that's why I say might for the training. All I know is that two of us get to go and out of three of us, I'm the only one who's said yes, I definitely want to go. So hopefully, fingers crossed, I get to go.

I took Friday off to make my long weekend even longer - unfortunately John has to go away this weekend (booo) so it's going to be three days by my lonesome. At least he's home on Monday so we do have Family Day together. Oh well... so much for planning a long weekend. I'm going to try and get in for a massage on Friday and I want to go see the movie Juno... I just checked the theatre websites and it's only playing in one theatre here locally and they only have it listed till Feb 14... I really hope it's still here on the 15th. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

So today, John started working on the nursery - he's been sanding and filling the holes in the walls with putty up till now and today he put the first coat of primer on the walls. It went pretty quick but by the end, the paint fumes were overwhelming even him. Unfortunately, the next coat can't go on for 2 weeks since John won't be here next weekend.

Oh, so this morning I had a mini-meltdown. I have no idea what it was but I just suddenly felt so overwhelmed while I was taking a shower. Kind of in a feeling sorry for myself way. My boobs are about 1-1.5 cup sizes bigger now and I can tell the difference and I got a mild case of hemmhroids from straining too hard the other day (sorry, TMI, I know)... so between sore boobies and a sore bum, it just got the better of me. I just had a short crying jag and then was ok again. I guess I can blame the prego hormones for this eh?

Oh, exciting news... I signed my release papers from the military on Thursday (the 7th). My official release date is Feb 15/08. What a relief to have that done and overwith. I can honestly say, I had a great (almost) 14 years but it's definitely time to move on now. Life moves on and so must I... unfortunately, some people seem to forget or want to resist the fact that we all have to eventually "grow up" and assume different responsibilities. Most of the guys have been quite supportive and understanding of my decision to release but there are a few who just don't get it. Oh well. I know I made the right decision for me...

Anyways, I think that's about all the news I have. I'm going to the Midwife tomorrow for a check-up and then I'm going to visit my friend Suzanne who's off on mat leave with her babe. So this week is going to be super short!! YAYNESS!!!




First set of belly pictures
Taken February 10, 2008
11w, 6d
pre-pregnancy weight = 150lb
current weight = 153lb



No comments: