Monday, December 24, 2007

So I was able to hold on till just after midnight yesterday. John and I played some WoW and then decided to go to bed. Both of us were having insomnia, for different reasons I think, so I coaxed him into opening his "Xmas gift." What I had done is I wrapped a book I bought for him yesterday "So You're Going to be a Dad" as well as the ClearBlue digital and a soft plush Optimus Prime toy. Of course, being a guy and all, he ripped into the present, was stoked about the Optimus Prime and then just looked at the book kind of quizzically and said "but I'm not going to be a dad." He hadn't seen the HPT at this point... so I pulled out the HPT and he just looked at me for a second and said "who did you pay off to POAS for you?" I said, no, that's me. I'm pregnant... after a second of mild shock he was quite happy and started right into reading the book!!!So this morning, amazingly, I got ahold of my GP and have a prenatal appointment for January 7th. I also got in touch with one of the local midwife services and they will call me by the end of the week to let me know whether or not they can take me on as a client...

No comments: