Thursday, January 10, 2008

Telling Ppl at Work

Yikes! It's been a while. My bad. I was back to work on January 2nd... did not want to go back and it was so hard not to share the PG news with everyone (that I like) at work. But I held out. There were only a few people that I told: my friend Kristin who I told during the Xmas break over MSN because she's been super excited for this to happen; to my friend Kandy who kind of guessed the second day back at work that I was; and Kandy passed the news on to my friend Carol (with my ok) who was still on holidays.

SO I had my doctor's appointment on the 7th and because it's so unlike me to miss work, my friend Pearl came to me the next day with a huge grin on her face and said, so what's the news? So I just had to tell her. LOL

I told my manager today and had a wonderful reaction. I wish every PG woman who has to tell her supervisor that she's pregnant has the same reaction as I did. I got a squeal and a huge congrats and we talked about her experiences with her pregnancies. And I got the "just tell me when you have an appointment, no worries..." Which is a nice relief. And she asked if the news was public and I said that it is now, so she doesn't have to keep it secret... so I'm relieved. Now I can talk about it with my friends and not have to whisper. LOL

No comments: